Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Happy Pesach!




Getting these in early to allow all the Jews out there to get their wagers in before the Seders begin. Remember: informed wagering is a mitzvah.

Atlanta Braves +100 (Matchbook), 1 unit to win 1 unit.

The Braves have the better starter by far (Vasquez over Blanton). I don't see much of a difference on the offensive end. Too much love for the defending champions here.


Pittsburgh Pirates +150 (Matchbook), 1 unit to win 1.5 units.

I've been hearing a lot of positive predictions on the Cardinals over the last week for some reason. I don't buy it for a second. This team looks like one that will finish under .500, so a +150 line against them is value. Unless they're facing the top end of the Nats' rotation, apparently.


Oakland A's -110 (multiple sites), 1.1 units to win 1 unit.

I hate betting against the local boy- Adenhart's from Silver Spring in beautiful Montgomery County, MD- and I also worry about the A's struggling against a guy they haven't seen much of. But I don't see anything in his profile that suggests to me that he's anything special. His walk rate was way too high in the minors, and PECOTA is not a fan, to say the least. Eveland's not the second coming of Johan Santana, but there's some value here.

5 comments:

Zhang said...

I didn't know Silver Spring is considered local for you, where are you from? I go to UMD @ College park

Dogcrap Green said...

Apparently Marylanders have a real gambling problem. I'm from Baltimore

Unknown said...

I'll let Grover respond to the Maryland comments, but what.....the.....fuck....happened in the Braves game? Up 10-3 in the 7th inning and lost? Allowing 8 runs in the 7th inning? Four of those runs came on bases-loaded-walks? That's harsh for the first week of the season.

Sham said...

If I didn't see The Hold Steady tonight I would still be fuming over the Atlanta collapse.

Grover said...

I live in DC, grew up in Rockville and Potomac.

Sham, if it makes you feel any better, I had the Braves plus Vasquez on my fantasy team so I lost the sure W. And The Hold Steady aren't coming to DC until June.