Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thursday Afternoon

I wanted to take a good look at some head-to-head Masters matchups, but the Passover festivities got in the way. So we only have baseball plays for your enjoyment this fine Thursday afternoon. Hambone kindly sent me the lines before he left his desk for the morning, but I don't have the sites that he got them from. I'll guess it's Matchbook, and hopefully he'll be back by lunch to add that.


Seattle Mariners +115, 1 unit to win 1.15 units.

Washburn's not an AAO favorite, but we like the Mariners to finish the year about even with the Twins this year- you'll remember that we played the Mariners Over and the Twins Under- and PECOTA suggests that the Mariners clearly have the better of the Washburn-Perkins matchup today. All that and +115 is good enough for us.


Tampa Bay Rays +144, 1 unit to win 144 units.

I'll admit I'm surprised you can get this kind of value on the Rays this year. Is the conventional wisdom that last year was some sort of fluke? It was not. This is an ideal spot to play them, with the Rays' most underrated starter, Matt Garza, going against the Sox' most overrated starter, Dice-K. Dice-K kept burning us last year, seemingly walking two guys and then working his way out of the jam every single inning. He can't keep it up forever, can he? Can he? Please tell me he can't.

No comments: