Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday, Monday

Let's forget this weekend ever happened. Needless to say, the picks didn't go my way. But, still on the plus side, so can't complain too much. My blog partner is still MIA after running off to have fun for the weekend, so it's still just me for today. If I get two out of the four MLB picks, I'll be a happy guy. All lines from Matchbook.

MLB

Yankees (Mussina) +105, 100 to win 105

Even with Mussina clearly not the pitcher he used to be, with the Yanks offense behind him against the kid coming up from the minors, I'll take him as the underdog

Pirates (Snell) +218, 100 to win 218

If you're going to go against Johan, you like to do it early in the season as he is a relatively slow starter. Snell is quality pitcher, the Pirates hit lefties well and have had some success against Santana, and we're getting a HUGE number.

Reds (Arroyo) +135, 100 to win 135

Bronson Arroyo is not as bad as he has performed so far this year - his BABIP is a staggering .408 so far. I'm not sold on Wellemeyer or the Cards offense as this big a favorite.

Astros (Sampson) +176, 100 to win 176

Another huge number. Sampson has been somewhat unlucky this year, and the D-Backs have been hitting over their heads all season. At this price, I'm willing to take a chance on Sampson and the Houston hitters performing more in line with their past performance tonight.


NBA

Lakers -4.5 +105, 100 to win 105

I haven't seen an ounce of heart from the Nuggets in this series. What a waste of talent. I guess it's a lot easier to say your team quit than to exert some effort on defense. Pathetic. Bring out the brooms.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought Lakers-Celts would offer the easiest parlay in sports gambling history last night. What the hell did I know - certainly not that Joe Johnson would morph into Oscar Robertson for a one game stand.