Saturday, April 19, 2008

NBA Playoffs - Day 1

I'm going to take it easy on any Game 1 bets, because I like to get a feel for how teams are playing before I get myself out on too much of a limb. Two plays for today:

Suns +4.5 (Bookmaker), 55 to win 50

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.


Mavericks +5 (Matchbook), 55 to win 50

After the stunning first round exit last year, Dirk and crew will have the Eye of the Tiger in the early going. How's that for detailed statistical analysis? Grover's not going to like it.....

- I think at least one of these underdogs snatches away home-court advantage today, so playing the moneyline on each would make sense as well.

- Did anyone else watching the Cavs-Wiz game hear Holly Rowe's sideline report in the first quarter? She said she asked Wally Szczerbiak about his lousy shooting since being traded to Cleveland. According to Rowe, Wally's response was something to the effect of, "Yeah, the shots haven't been falling, but hopefully my defense has been helping the team." That's priceless. Ladies and gentlemen, Wally Szczerbiak, defensive stopper. If the Cavs make it back to the Finals, at least they know they have somebody who can shut down Kobe.

No comments: