Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday Afternoon Baseball

I believe my blog partner actually had to work this morning, so I may not hear from him until we look at tonight's games. So, with that fair warning that these picks are just from me (be afraid, be very afraid), here are a couple of daytime contests:

Bluejays +114, 1 unit to win 1.14 units

This Parrish kid has compiled a K/BB of almost in AAA so far this year. Bluejays have been hitting well, and Chipper sitting out with a bad quad is a little extra gravy. We're with the home dog.

Yankees +117, 1 unit to win 1.17 units

It makes me a little queasy to back the Yankees, but I think they're the right side today. Pettitte has actually been pitching better than Johan recently and the Yanks have been hitting better as well. Mets bats have been erratic lately (to say the least) and I think Roger Clemens' former best friend gets the best of them today.

Good luck everybody.

No comments: