Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Comeback

Enough whining. Back to business. Family obligations kept me from getting back to the computer to do the night games yesterday. I think I would have played a loser in MLB and a winner in the CWS, so no real harm done. For the early contests:

MLB

Mariners +127, 1 unit to win 1.27 units

Bedard as the underdog, when the Red Sox don't ever seem to hit him well. Worth a shot at this number.

Pirates -109, 1.09 units to win 1 unit

Better pitcher, better hitters, at home. That little amount of juice can't scare me off of this one.

Astros -117, 1.17 units to win 1 unit

Ditto.

Twins +134, 1 unit to win 1.34 units

Slowey has been pitching really well lately, and we're still waiting for the Gavin Floyd blowup. This game is really close, but we're getting a decent underdog number here.


College World Series

Coastal Carolina +400, 0.50 units to win 2 units

I know I'm contractually obligated to cheer for the Tar Heels now based on an earlier post, but that doesn't mean I have to bet on them every time. Really just a value bet here - the Heels are not 4 times better than the Chanticleers.

Wichita State +250, 0.50 units to win 1.25 units

I called their upset on Friday, and I still think this is a pretty close matchup. With this line, I can't lay off.

Georgia -180, 1.80 units to win 1 unit

A rare favorite, but I think UGA is far and away the better team, and they're playing at home in the elimination game. NC State has put up a good fight, but it ends today.


Euro Cup

Croatia -117, 1.17 units to win 1 unit

I still can't believe I didn't get that Draw yesterday. Switzerland had 2 great shots on goal and in the same sequence, the referees miss a Czech handball in the box that would've given the Swiss a penalty kick to tie the game. Dammit. As for Croatia, they have no excuse for not winning their match handily today. Austrian soccer fans circulated a petition begging the team not to participate in the tournament, even though they are a co-host, because of the potential for humiliation. That's bad. They're terrible. Croatia needs to get the 3 points in this one to have a good chance at getting past the Group stage.

No comments: