Monday, June 9, 2008

Unbridled Rage

Hambone is officially out of commission today. He wanted to play France-Romania Draw at +208 and the Kansas City Royals at +215 this afternoon, and I liked them and signed off on them both, but he got stuck in a meeting. Work. It's a bitch. As such, our ugly numbers to the left persist, as does the Hambone Suicide Watch. It got even worse when I told him that I played the Celtics in both NBA games over the weekend, as he did, but he didn't post the picks because of my declared sitewide NBA boycott.

Anyway, I think his wife is talking him off the ledge as I write, so no picks tonight. I myself like a couple of small favorites, the Giants at -124 and the Reds at -127. The Nats are in bad shape- yesterday they didn't even have enough healthy personnel to do a double-switch when they brought in their first reliever- and my love of Cain is well-documented. As for Volquez, he doesn't look like a flash in the pan, and the Marlins' adjusted run differential suggests that they are a .500 team at best. Since they clearly have the better of this pitching matchup, I like the Reds even at that number. Alas, no official posts without our man Hambone on board.

Back tomorrow with a full card.

No comments: