Saturday, September 20, 2008

Early Game Additions - One Unit Wonders

Three more college football picks for the first round of games:

N.C. State +7 -105 (Matchbook), 1.05 units to win 1 unit

I'm not sure why this wasn't on my radar earlier in the week. America's Cinderella visiting an awful Wolfpack team. 65% of wagerline on ECU, but the line took a step back from ECU -7.5 to -7.

Central Florida +10 -110 (WSEX), 1.1 units to win 1 unit

What has BC done to be a 10-point favorite over anybody? Seriously.

Central Michigan +10.5 -105 (Matchbook), 1.05 units to win 1 unit

The "2008 Football Playbook" that BetUS sent me says that Purdue has won 12 straight September home games and CMU is 2-10 SU in its last 12 September road games, so this one is probably a loser. Can't argue with those numbers.

In summary, any school with "Central" in its name is probably a good play today. Passing on Temple, although I've been expressing my love for them all season and have already played and won with them twice already. Add in that the Temple coach is a former Nittany Lion, so maybe Joe Pa won't be looking to run up the score on him, and it sure looks like the right play. I can't explain it, but something about it just doesn't feel right to me, so we're not playing it. I'll be gritting my teeth as the game goes into overtime......

No comments: