Thursday, September 25, 2008

Odds and Ends

First things first- no baseball plays today. Slight lean to San Diego with Peavy (generally +110 or thereabouts) on the mound vs. Maddux, but nothing looks too great. Plus if we win another game, we move back to being ahead by double-digit units. I like having the single digit profit margin going into the playoffs. Keeps us hungry. But feel free to play the Padres if you are jonesing for some gambling action as a side effect of your restless leg syndrome or something.

NFL picks will be up as usual around lunchtime tomorrow. Here's a link to one of my favorite NFL tools, the LVSC NFL power rankings. It's a good place to start; I like to look for discrepancies between these rankings and the week-to-week lines, and if I find some, move on to the next question ... why.

Added bonus- the D.C. Sports Bog also has a visit to Fred Smoot's house. Anyway, I'll probably include a second, more focused round of "leans" for the college games tomorrow around lunchtime as well. Probably won't make any official plays until Friday afternoon or evening, though.

Finally, our senior citizen Bo Derek-referencing friend Hambone is still awaiting the arrival of his first born. For those of you that have not met Hambone in person, he has a giant head. Think Charlie Brown. Or at least the kid from So I Married an Axe Murderer. So if his child-to-be has inherited that genetic deficiency, there could be some delays. Anyway, I'll pass along any news I receive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.