Monday, September 8, 2008

Week 3 - Early Leans

When the college football lines popped up at Pinnacle yesterday evening, I jotted them down and went through and circled 12 possible picks off the top of my head:

North Carolina +5 at Rutgers
Mississippi State +10.5 v. Auburn
Nevada +26.5 at Missouri
Houston -4.5 v. Air Force
Fresno State +1 v. Wisconsin
Georgia Tech +7.5 at Virginia Tech
Central Michigan -3 at Ohio
Maryland +13 v. California
Tulane +13.5 v. East Carolina
Virginia +12.5 at Connecticut
Ohio State +10 at USC
Western Kentucky +27 at Alabama

We may not play any of these, of course, but these were the ones that jumped off the page at me. Any thoughts appreciated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't like the Ga.Tech. lean. If anything, Virginia Tech is undervalued and Ga.Tech overvalued given both teams' recent performances.

Add in the Ha-huge wagerline consensus on the underdogs, and I'm leaning VaTech pretty hard. If you really don't like VaTech, I'd suggest simply passing the game. That line could very easily have been 6.5 or 7.0, but the books set it at 7.5. If they're comfortable giving the hook to rabid Georgia Tech backers, then I'm going to be comfortable laying it.

Unknown said...

I had not looked at wagerline when I wrote these down, the lines had just come up, but upon reflection, looks like a pass to me. I agree with you that VT's loss at ECU and GT's win at BC has turned public perception 180 degrees from where it would have been on these teams a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for the feedback.