Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Afternoon Tennis - "Movie Star" Edition


3-0 yesterday including 2 underdogs, one of which (Stakhovsky) paid +212. Nice. Now that I've sufficiently jinxed myself, our first pick from the Movistar Open in Chile. I'm pronouncing that "Movie Star" but maybe I'm just an ignorant gringo:

P. Cuevas +114 (Matchbook) over P. Capdeville, 0.5 units to win 0.57 units

When the line initially dropped from +125 to +117 at Pinnacle, I was definitely expecting to post this play last night. But, when I went back and looked a couple of hours later, the line had unexpectedly jumped back up +128. This morning, I wake up to find it has moved the opposite direction, so we're back in business. Here are the notes I made on each player during limited work breaks yesterday:

P. Cuevas - Decent clay-court player from Uruguay (Uruguay?). Semi-finalist here last year. Impressive win over #3 seed Montanes (world rank = #40) in the last round.

P. Capdeville - Eh? Only potential edge is that he's playing in his home country.

So, there you have it. Getting the underdog money on a player I think is a little bit better. That's about all you can ask for. I believe this match is scheduled to start around 5 PM Eastern, but I can't promise that.

No comments: