Thursday, February 5, 2009

Last-Minute Thursday Morning Tennis


Well, that Garcia-Lopez match I posted Tuesday night finally got started while I was sleeping last night and ended up a winner. This morning, two from Zagreb, Croatia:

M. Zverev +122 (Matchbook) over V. Hanescu, 0.5 units to win 0.61 units

Already cashed a nice underdog win on Zverev in the last round, so maybe pushing my luck here. Zverev is a good hardcourt player, but I think we're getting value here because nobody has ever heard of him. Line has dropped overnight which makes me think somebody in the know likes Zverev also. Hanescu always more comfortable on the clay courts than on today's surface (indoor hardcourt). Zverev has some good wins last year on this surface (Ferrer, Kohlschreiber), and I'm counting on him to advance.

S. Stakhovsky +212 (Matchbook) over I. Karlovic, 0.5 units to win 1.06 units

The unknown player versus the #3 seed who has one of the most feared serves in all of tennis (it helps that Karlovic is 6-foot-10). Of course, you wouldn't know unless you did a little poking around that Stakhovsky is actually the defending champion at this event and beat Karlovic on his way to the title last year. Getting +200 seems like a stretch here.

Apologies for the late notice, I think the Zverev match starts in about an hour and a half, and then Stakhovsky/Karlovic at around 11 AM Eastern. Couldn't stay up last night to watch the lines, and just got my first chance to see how they moved a few minutes ago. But, if it's a pick, it's a pick, and it goes on the blog. Have a good day, folks.

No comments: