Monday, February 9, 2009

Getting 'Em In Early

A couple of college hoops games jumped out at me this morning and I've seen nothing to change my mind since. So, let's go ahead and put them on the record:

West Virginia +7.5 +109, 1 unit to win 1.09 units

Public likes the home team Panthers, but the line has either held steady or dropped to 7.5 at some books. Pomeroy has this one by only 5 points and I'm hoping all them fancy numbers add up to a close game tonight.

Iona +1 -103, 1.03 units to win 1 unit

Down to a Pick at some books, but as usual, Matchbook is giving us better option here. Iona has been a good road team lately, while the Jaspers have not been overly impressive at home. Iona also has the better shooters. Road team gets the W.

Considering Chattanooga also, and if we decide to make that one a pick, we'll post it late this afternoon with the NBA games. Three tennis tournaments starting today, but nothing that looks like a pick (line move says Vassallo-Arguello this afternoon in Brazil, but I'm not sold). Looking at the early lines, I'd be surprised if there aren't any first round picks in those tournaments for the Tuesday games. Back later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you jinxed Iona saying they had better shooters - they were 8-43 from the field.....Wow!