Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thursday's Educated Guesses

One each from the real sports, and then a few hockey plays. Lines from Matchbook:

College Football

Wyoming +6.5 -106, 1.06 units to win 1 unit

I circled this one on my sheet last night when it was +7, so hopefully that doesn't bite me in the ass. Running and defense should keep the Cowboys close.

College Basketball

Miami-Ohio +15 -103, 1.03 units to win 1 unit


As expected, the public is huge on the Bruins tonight, but the seniors on the Miami squad should be able to hang within this number against the UCLA freshmen tonight.

NBA

Warriors +4.5 +104, 1 unit to win 1.04 units


Typically, I start the NBA season with a horrible record or an unsustainably great one. This season it's the former. This one looks so wrong, it must be right.

NHL

Los Angeles +174, 0.5 units to win 0.87 units
Tampa Bay +176, 0.5 units to win 0.88 units
Calgary +178, 0.5 units to win 0.89 units


If I can just win one of those 3 hockey picks, I'll feel pretty lucky.

No comments: