Friday, August 8, 2008

Five For Friday

I had 10-12 baseball leans early this morning, and luckily Grover was available to narrow it down to something sane. All lines from Matchbook:

A's +148, 1 unit to win 1.48 units

You got to know when hold 'em, know when to fold 'em ........ Kenny Rogers sucks ass. And not in the good way.

Pirates +169, 1 unit to win 1.69 units

Maholm pitching really well and the Phillies seem to be mired in a lineup-wide slump. BUT, 67% of wagerline folks would rather lay the big chalk with Blanton. As my pal, Grover, might say, "What. The. Fuck?"

Padres -113, 1.13 units to win 1 unit

Remember a long time ago, like last season, when Peavy was a -180 or -200 favorite all the time? I know the Padres have their hitting woes, but the Rockies aren't exactly knocking the cover off the ball lately either. 61% of folks would rather have their money on Glendon freaking Rusch? Be my guest.

Braves +107, 1 unit to win 1.07 units

Campillo is on an absolute tear, but I guess that won't matter today since I heard somebody say that the Braves can't win on the road.

Yankees +121, 1 unit to win 1.21 units

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit........

Passed on a bunch of possibilities (Cards, 'Stros, Indians, etc.) which are now guaranteed winners. Back a little later with a preseason NFL pick. Good luck everybody.

No comments: