Saturday, August 30, 2008

Two Sport Athlete

If I had any brains, I would just take my winnings and call it a day. But I'm an idiot, so here are a few more for tonight. Haven't heard from Grover since he e-mailed me the Bluejays winner this morning, so I guess he couldn't get permission from his girlfriend to use the computer again today, and you're stuck with me the rest of the way. On to the picks, all lines from Matchbook:

College Football

Wow, Utah is much, much better than Michigan. If not for a fumble and the Big Ten officiating crew making every penalty call in Michigan's favor, this game would be a rout. Two more for tonight:

Michigan State +6 +105, 1 unit to win 1.05 units

Nicely balanced Spartan team traveling to California tonight. Cal's defense should be solid, but there's not much to like about their offense. Should be a close one.

Clemson -4 +103, 1 unit to win 1.03 units

Hey, sometimes the public gets it right. If you took Alabama's players and put them in Mississippi State uniforms, the line would be closer to -10 than -4. It could go the other way, but much more talent and experience on the Tigers side tonight. And I can't stand the Clemson Tigers (born and raised a Gamecock fan).

Considered Memphis and Florida Atlantic, but 6 games is plenty for one day.


MLB

Royals +180, 1 unit to win 1.80 units

Kenny Rogers has pitched less like The Gambler and more like The Coward of the County this year. I hate myself for typing that shit.

A's +148, 1 unit to win 1.48 units

Braden not too shabby. Should be a low-scoring contest.

Good luck everybody.

No comments: