Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Hero For Our Times

Lately a new firewall at work has been preventing me from daytime posting, and a broken laptop at home has kept me off the internets entirely at night. Thankfully, the laptop has been replaced and it will be business as usual come Friday night.

In the meantime, the workplace internet firewall has not kept me from finding a new favorite athlete: Florida tailback Chris Rainey. Has he already surpassed Ichiro and Sir Charles as the greatest quote machine of our times? I'll let you decide. First, there was this fantastic episode, where he got into some hot water when he told a reporter how great it was to "be Chris Rainey" because people give you free stuff and walk up to you at a restaurant and hand you money. And there's this one, in which he shares his tremendous disappointment that his Sex Ed class at U of F has nothing in common with Cinemax's late-night programming.

But this, my friends, is the piece de resistance.

I know my good friend Hambone thinks that comparing anyone to Sir Charles in any thing is pure blasphemy. But even he cannot deny the brilliance of Chris Rainey.

Enjoy the College Football season, all.

No comments: