Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday Night Baseball

And now, your moment of Zen. All lines from Matchbook:

Twins -103, 1.03 units to win 1 unit

Any time you see the mighty Yankees as an underdog to an unknown pitcher, it should set off an alarm in your head. Perkins has looked very strong so far (note to self: add to fantasy team), with 16 strikeouts vs. only 4 walks, and he has faced the powerhouse lineups of the Red Sox, Rangers, and Tigers already this year. Mussina has been pretty good lately also, but the Twins batters have hit well against him in limited opportunities. We'll take the kid as the slightest of favorites at home.

Astros +129, 1 unit to win 1.29 units

I talked Grover into another Astros play. Let's go over this one more time : Better hitting + better pitcher + underdog line = Pick. Some things never change.

Nationals +176, 1 unit to win 1.76 units

Two good pitchers going tonight, but like I keep saying, the Diamondbacks cannot hit. I'm gonna keep saying it until somebody believes me. The D-Backs have hit .180 versus right-handed pitchers in their last 10 games, yet the public will be all over them as -185 favorites. God Bless the Squares. Good luck tonight everybody.

2 comments:

Grover said...

When you say that the D-backs are hitting .186, I assume you are referring to their Equivalent Average (EqA)? I know how much you hate it when people use batting average as an offensive metric.

Unknown said...

Um, yeah. If I had any idea what that was, I would definitely be referring to that.