Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday Picks

I'm back in the saddle and ready to put a stop to Hambone's headline-writing fiascoes.

Today's picks (both lines from Matchbook):

Toronto Blue Jays +147 (Game 2 of doubleheader- Marcum vs. Lee), 1 unit to win 1.47.

Cliff Lee has been good this year. The Ks are up and he's showing great control. But what's been truly unreal is his BABIP of .212. That suggests he's got to come back to earth at some point. We're hoping it starts tonight, and +147 is a good enough number for us to take a shot. Sure you could make the same point about Marcum's BABIP, but hey, only one of them is getting +147 tonight.

Seattle Mariners -115, 1.15 units to win 1.

My first pro-Mariners position of 2008. I have to admit, as much as I have advocated fading this team over the last three months (dating back to preseason win total wagers), even I didn't expect things to go this terribly this fast.

The one thing I've always liked about this team is Bedard, and even when fading them was a regular occurence, I stayed away from his starts for the most part. Now with Bedard not getting the attention he deserves (2-2 despite a fantastic start to the season) and the loss of Sexson garnering more attention than it deserves, we'll give a little juice to get Bedard on our side tonight.


Hambone and I also liked the Cardinals at first glance. However, I looked at the line movement and public plays on Wagerline and thought better of it. Line has moved in favor of the Brewers despite public money coming in on the Cards at almost 3-2. That's a warning sign in my book.

No comments: