Thursday, October 16, 2008

10 Early College Leans

Apologies for the lack of material the past couple of days, but both of us have a lot going on this week in the real world. I like this card better than last week, so hopefully we can pluck a few winners out of this bunch:

TCU pick vs. BYU
Memphis +8.5 at East Carolina
Duke +4.5 vs. Miami
Ole Miss +13 at Alabama
Vanderbilt +15 at Georgia
Virginia +4.5 vs. North Carolina
Washington +14 vs. Oregon State
SMU +13 vs. Houston
UNLV +5 vs. Air Force
Middle Tennessee State +14.5 at Louisville

As always, any advice on these or any other games always appreciated. I'm sure I'll spot something in the next couple of days that isn't on this list. Good night, folks.

5 comments:

Kyle B. said...

While I completely understand the logic that people are both overvaluing Oregon State while undervaluing Washington, I was still expecting more than 14 points.

I think it's a pass.

Kunk said...

I think you missed the boat on Vandy-Georgia. 15 points seems absurdly high for a 5-1 team and Wagerline tends to back that theory up, with the dog garnering most of the attention.

Georgia is the play there, if anything.

Unknown said...

Kyle,

These early leans are based on the early line movement and wagerline numbers. I'll look at all the other factors before deciding what we're playing, but I always appreciate any advice.

Unknown said...

Eric,

You are correct. I was doing that post in the middle of the night (some nights that's the only time I get a break from the baby to use the computer) and jotted down the wagerline number (58%) next to Georgia, instead of Vandy. My mistake, thanks for pointing it out.

Sham said...

I know the last time I offered my input it didn't go so well, but these four don't look bad. Maybe they'll go 1-3, maybe.

TCU
Duke
Georgia
Washington