Thursday, October 30, 2008

Are We Missing Any Sports Tonight?

Pinnacle usually has lines on table tennis and Magic the Gathering, so I might be back later with some additions. For now, tonight's action, all lines from Matchbook:

College Football

Cincinnati +2.5 +101, 1 unit to win 1.01 units


I'm probably pushing my luck after actually cashing a Tuesday night game this week, but I'm not all that worried about the possibility of freshman Chazz Anderson playing QB for Cincy. He's played decently in two starts earlier this month, but there's a lot of hand-wringing around the 'net because of his poor performance after coming off the bench last week after an injury to Pike. Don't tell my wife I'm pulling against her Bulls.

NBA

Bobcats +9.5 -106, 1.06 units to win 1 unit

Cleveland couldn't beat this same team by double-digits in 4 tries last year, and I don't think Mo Williams is going to make quite as much of a difference as the Cavs think. Pretty good team in Charlotte when everybody's healthy, which is very, very rare, I admit.

Hornets/Suns Under 198 -102, 1.02 units to win 1 unit

Sets up nicely with the "run-and-gun" Suns, who are actually trying to focus more on defense under Coach Porter (although they don't have great defensive personnel) facing Chris Paul's Hornets who played a high-scoring game vs. the Warriors in their opener (108-103). That score was more a function of the Warriors running style and zero defense than the Hornets, who ranked #5 in the league last season in points allowed.

NHL

Minnesota +110, 0.5 units to win 0.55 units

Columbus +162, 0.5 units to win 0.81 units

Since I can't name any of the players, maybe I'll just go with the silliest mascots. Tonight - the "Wild" and the "Blue Jackets." They must be tough, right? It's like Johnny Cash's "Boy Named Sue" who had to be a good fighter because of the girly name. Yep, if you're looking for solid statistical hockey analysis, you have come to the right place.

No comments: