Monday, October 27, 2008

Just Trying Something - Hockey Edition


Like the guy who writes one of our favorite blogs (The Money Line Journal), we don't know a damn thing about hockey. I actually have an NHL team in my town, and I think I've been to 2 games in my life, and those were only because I got free tickets from somebody. I don't know what the blue lines are for, and I don't know what the penalties are (I know one is called "icing" but I don't know what it is - somebody once told me it has something to do with the blue lines I mentioned before). So, like Money Line, we're going to see if we can make winning picks, or at least tread water, just based on the betting numbers and line movements, and maybe looking at just a couple of key stats if I can figure out which ones are significant. When I started playing baseball games many years ago, I couldn't name more than 5-6 players, but you can still win if you put in the effort and don't suffer too much rotten luck. With all that said, here are the first two guesses:

Ottawa +140 (WSEX), 0.5 units to win 0.7 units

Boston +124 (Matchbook), 0.5 units to win 0.62 units


Keeping the amounts low until I see how this goes......

No comments: