Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Other Division Series Thoughts

We played the Brewers at +164, as discussed below. I can't seem to get a hold of my partner today. I can't imagine what could possibly be occupying his time and attention. I heard he isn't even working today. Lazy bum.

Anyway, I can't see lines at work, but we had talked about two other plays. If I can get official lines that I like, I will probably play them. Until then ... we sort of like the Dodgers at +185 or better. Hambone likes this more than I do. I'm not a fan of this year's Dodgers squad. But I think at anything north of +180 or so it's probably value, especially when you consider the fact that in a five-game series, they could get 3 or even 4 starts out of Lowe and the underrated Chad Billingsley.

As for the AL, I love the Red Sox, even at +115, which was what I saw last night. I'm a noted devotee of third-order records, and the Sox finished the year 18 GAMES AHEAD OF THE ANGELS in the adjusted standings. They're the better team, and it's not really close, although the Beckett injury and the Angels' home-field advantage is mildly troubling. Hambone doesn't seem to be quite as convinced, but that's just because he hates math.

I will probably be hedging my Rays' future money with a small sum on the White Sox, so we'll leave the other AL series one alone, unless Hambone has strong feelings. We'll most likely fade Buerhle, though, as he will no doubt get all sorts of love as a "big game" pitcher.

2 comments:

Vegas Watch said...

What Rays futures bet do you have?

Grover said...

If I even mention it here my friends might have me killed. There's a gag order on my incessany boasting.

Speaking of having someone killed, Mike Cameron's on my list at the moment.