Friday, October 10, 2008

Finding Exciting Ways to Lose

At halftime of last night's football game, UAB was up 20-3 and we were sitting on a play of UAB +18. Translation: Houston could score an unlikely 5 unanswered touchdowns in the second half and we would still Push. Well, they scored 6 unanswered touchdowns in the second half. Sometimes, I really hate this hobby. Anyway, although I really can't stand the card this week (I don't think I'm alone), here are three early plays for Saturday, lines from Matchbook:

Northwestern +1.5 -106, 1.06 units to win 1 unit

Wagerline and line movement strong on this one. Plus, the Spartans are hosting Ohio State next week.

Temple +7.5 -108, 1.08 units to win 1 unit

I've liked this Temple team since the beginning of the season, while CMU has been somewhat disappointing.

Toledo +16 +100, 1 unit to win 1 unit

Michigan is nothing special this year, plus they have a look-ahead trip to Penn State next weekend, and are coming off the beating by Illinois (the sandwich!). Michigan wins, but not by this margin.

I wish I had more time for the write-ups, but I really have to get my ass to work. Grover e-mailed me the NFL picks yesterday before he left, and once I get a chance to look at them, they should be up after lunch. Also, depending on the lines, could be playing both baseball games tonight (haven't looked at the lines, yet - will get to it this afternoon). College football additions tomorrow, but probably not a ton because the choices are not that great this week. Good luck everybody.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys have been good for me on college this year. I think you should consider Tennessee on your sheet. They will not be blown out this year. As far as your NFL, continue to hammer the Ravens. I'm glad they find ways to lose and cover each week. Keeps the public from understanding they are a pretty good team. Also take Cinci if Palmer starts. Favre is always responsible for about a 2 point undeserved point swing.

Unknown said...

Andrew,

Thanks for the comment. Tennessee is definitely on the radar this week (included as one of the 10 early leans posted Wednesday night). Baltimore and Cincinnati aren't included in our first 3 picks (posting shortly) for NFL this week, but they are 2 of the 3 possible additions we're considering.