Saturday, December 13, 2008

Eight Is Enough


Eight may actually be too many, but I don't think I can whittle down the number any further without just weeding out picks at random. After a rare winning night in the NBA last night, and a winning afternoon in college hoops today, a wise man might call it a day. I've never claimed to be a wise man:

NBA

Hawks +4 -102, 1.02 units to win 1 unit


Public huge on Cavs, but line went the other way. You don't hear a lot about Big Z, but I think they'll miss him while he's out of the lineup.

Bobcats +1 +103, 1 unit to win 1.03 units

Should be an interesting one with Raja Bell and Boris Diaw immediately inserted in to the starting lineup for their first game in Charlotte. You gotta love Larry Brown.

Thunder +12.5 +107, 1 unit to win 1.07 units

Betting and line movement. The only reasons I could possibly stomach a pick on Oklahoma City.

Clippers +3.5 +105, 1 unit to win 1.05 units

Can the Rockets keep up with the Clippers on the scoreboard without Ron Ron's defense? I say no.

College Basketball

Tennessee-Chattanooga +21 +107, 1 unit to win 1.07 units


Outside of Steph Curry, Chattanooga's players are just as good as Davidson's. Of course, if Curry scores 40 or so by himself, this could be in trouble. After missing the boat on Stephen Curry, nobody recruited his little brother Seth (freshman at Liberty)? Really? Indiana couldn't use a kid who can shoot/score like that? Kentucky couldn't use him? Virginia? St. John's? Nobody? Seriously? You've got a second chance not to screw the pooch on ignoring Dell's kids, and you still blow it? I find this incredibly disturbing, obviously.

Wisconsin-Green Bay +10 +100, 1 unit to win 1 unit

To me, the wrong team is favored tonight. No, really, and I haven't even started drinking yet. OK, I just started, but still......

Northern Colorado +20 +103, 1 unit to win 1.03 units

Creighton doesn't have the bodies up front to win by this margin unless it's raining 3's in Nebraska tonight. Forecast tonight: clear and cool.

Portland +17.5 -107, 1.07 units to win 1 unit

Trent Plaisted is not walking through that door! Rafael Araujo is not walking through that door! I think I need to impose a moratorium on myself in using that paraphrased Rick Pitino bit. That's at least the second time I've done that shit in the last week or so. There isn't 18 points difference between these two clubs.

Good luck everybody. NFL picks went up this morning.

No comments: