Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday Afternoon Hoops


The NFL picks were posted on Friday. After a winning day in basketball yesterday, we're pressing our luck (No Whammies! Stop!) by playing a few more today:

NBA

Knicks +6.5 -105, 1.05 units to win 1 unit


Heavy public support for the Not-So-Bad Boys, who have been playing some pretty uninspired ball since the Chauncey for Iverson swap, but the line is going the other way. Is Chris Duhon really averaging double-digit scoring and more than 8 assists per game? When will Chris Rock be issuing his apology?

College Basketball

Iona +4 +101, 1 unit to win 1.01 units

The Gaels screwed me on Friday night, so shame on me if they fool me twice. Still, if they're going to give me points with the better team, I'm gonna fall for it every time. I'm like Evander Holyfield and the bookies are like slutty women promising me that they're on the pill.

Bradley +15 -103, 1.03 units to win 1 unit

The Spartans' big advantage in this matchup would be their bulk up front, but with Goran Suton sitting this one out, that edge is diminished. Michigan State still wins on the back of Raymar Morgan, but not by this much. At some point, even Dick Vitale is going to have to admit that the Spartans just aren't very good this year.

Back later if we see anything else we like.

No comments: