Monday, December 29, 2008

The Weakest Link?


So, which of these are not worth playing on Tuesday in the bowl games?

Nevada -2.5 vs. Maryland
Western Michigan +3 vs. Rice
Oregon +3 vs. Oklahoma State

Haven't played any of them yet, just thinking about it. To some degree, I like all of them, but playing all 3 bowl games on a day where there are only 3 games makes me feel like kind of a dick. The wagerline consensus against Nevada is the only one under 70% (I'm seeing it at 60% right now), so maybe that one isn't as strong. Also, Nevada played in that cupcake WAC conference this year, so maybe some of their stats are misleading. Hmmmmm, of course, the lure of weekday afternoon football is strong.

Help me out, folks. Any suggestions appreciated.

3 comments:

Sham said...

One man's humble opinion.

I like Nevada quite a bit tomorrow.
I also can't believe that Oklahoma St isn't extremely public at -3.

That only leaves Rice/WMU game as a possible pass. I thought Rice would be getting more love than what they're currently receiving.
Also, knowing that you watch the line movements, Rice is the only game in which the spread has not moved in the direction of the two aforementioned teams.

James Sherrill said...

Keep in mind with Nevada, they are a favorite, so to only get 40% on Wagerline is probably about the same as the other two games. I already took Nevada, but I think I'll end up playing all three tonight.

Unknown said...

Good points all around. Thanks, guys, I think I'm convinced on the afternoon game.