Friday, December 26, 2008

Post-X-mas Hangover


Still got some family in town, so gonna make this quick. For Friday night:

College Basketball

Fairfield +22 -108, 1.08 units to win 1 unit


Now, there's the line movement I was waiting for! It feels forced to have a pick on the only game being played, but I've been staring at that UConn -23.5 for a couple of days now, thinking it would likely drop a little bit, despite over 70% of Wagerline on the favorite. Good point guard and decent post play for the Stags, and the Huskies have been far from consistently dominant this season so far.

NBA

Thunder +10 -105, 1.05 units to win 1 unit

I feel a little queasy every time I type "Thunder" in a picks post, but they seem to cash more often than not when we pick them. They're hanging tough in most of their games, but not winning any, so for recreational bettors just looking at the win/loss record, they're not getting the full picture. Pistons still out of sorts after the Chauncey trade.

76ers +6.5 -101, 1.01 units to win 1 unit

'Melo's absence should hurt the Nuggets more than Brand's will hurt the Sixers. Sixers seem to be better when they're running anyway. Nuggets are the biggest public favorite tonight, but the line went the other way. Yummy.

NHL

Tampa Bay +144, 0.5 units to win 0.72 units


In all honesty, with no college hoops to work on the past couple of days, my mind wandered to the hockey card for tonight. As I've said many times, I know nothing about hockey, but a quick look at the stats (mostly, the "special teams" numbers for power play goals and penalty killing) makes me think that these teams aren't this far apart.

OK, that wasn't so quick after all. Couldn't restrain my tendency to ramble. Good luck to everybody playing Florida Atlantic in the bowl game tonight. For some reason, I just haven't been able to pull the trigger on that one. I hope it covers, but we'll be sitting that one out. Good night everybody. Full college hoops card back tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is it a symptom of gambling addiction that you can go 4-0 and still feel like you missed a ton of opportunities? FAU obviously, plus Charlotte & Minnesota in the NBA, and I find myself wondering what if. Screw it, it was a great night, I've just had a few too many.