Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wednesday Night College Six-Pack


I like way too many games tonight, but for the moment, I've got it narrowed down to these six:

SMU +17 +104, 1 unit to win 1.04 units

It's hard to imagine this game not being close. SMU has a nice player in the post, and everywhere else it's pretty much even. Don't get it, but that 2-point line move makes me think I might be right.

Harvard +4.5 -110, 1.1 units to win 1 unit

77% of the wagerline crowd on Rice, but the line is holding pretty steady. Another one I don't get - I think Harvard is the better team.

The Citadel +27.5 -110 (WSEX), 1.1 units to win 1 unit

I guess the perception still exists that the Spartans are really good. They're not. Their big advantage over a team like Citadel would be inside, but with Suton still out with an injury, the gap has narrowed. Another big line move here.

Austin Peay +6.5 -112, 1.12 units to win 1 unit

Austin Peay doesn't have a lot of height, but their inside players might be more talented than those playing for Arkansas. I know I sound like a broken record, but here again, you've got public support for the big-name school, but a line move the other way.

Siena +17.5 -110 (WSEX), 1.1 units to win 1 unit

Siena let me down when I backed them once earlier this season, in a game where I think Kenny Hasbrouck shot 13% from the field (it was probably 30%, but still). Pitt is a strong team, and has a definite advantage inside, but Siena's strength at the 2 and 3 makes up for it.

UTEP -2 -109, 1.09 units to win 1 unit

A favorite? Yep, a favorite. Might have been a false move here, but of course, I've been seeing false moves lately as frequently as Haley Joel Osment saw dead people, so who knows. What I do know is that Stefon Jackson for UTEP is far better than anybody on Texas Tech's roster this year.

There were others under consideration, so we'll see if I can restrain myself to just these six when I get home from work tonight. I'm sure there will at least be an NBA pick or two added later. We've picked up about 5 units in the NBA over the past 5 days, so hopefully, our luck will hold out another day. Back later.

No comments: