Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Night Basketball

Bowl season gets going tomorrow, but for tonight, it's still about hoops:

College

Western Carolina +17 -110 (WSEX), 1.1 units to win 1 unit


Marquette is better, but the Catamounts are decent, and judging by the small line retreat in the face of public support for Marquette, the books aren't so sure about this line.

NBA

This is going to suck....

Clippers +2.5 -102, 1.02 units to win 1 unit

Daniels, Ford, and Murphy all questionable for tonight for the Pacers. Big public support for Indiana, but the line is right were it started. Weird line move here, was it another one of my false move boogeymen? Don't know, but if the Clippers lose again in overtime, I might have to kick Zach Randolph's ass (please don't tell him I said that, the dude is big).

Nets +3.5 +100, 1 unit to win 1 unit

Another team that ripped my guts out in the 4th quarter Wednesday night, so I'm obviously a masochist. Defensively, they should put Lopez, Yi, and Simmons all on Dirk, let Devin Harris guard Josh Howard, hope that Vince at least doesn't dunk in the wrong basket, and dare the rest of that scrub Mavs roster to beat them. I can't believe none of the six NBA teams who have fired coaches this season have called me. I'm a tactical genius.

Thunder +6 +100, 1 unit to win 1 unit

Wow, I'm really backing the powerhouses tonight. OK is hanging in all of their games recently, just not winning straight-up, while Toronto has been extremely disappointing (what's going on up there?). More than 70% on Toronto, but the line went the other way, which we obviously like. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Good luck everybody. Probably playing the first 2 football games tomorrow, but gonna keep looking just a little bit more. If I get just one of those NBA picks tonight, I will consider it a Christmas miracle.

No comments: