Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dazed and Confused


Medication caused me to fall asleep at about 1:30 PM and I just woke up 45 minutes ago, so I'm gonna put the early picks in now, and then come back in an hour or two for the rest. Also, because of the admitted lack of preparation today, please look at the games yourself tonight before doing anything (actually, that's great advice for any night).

College Basketball

West Virginia +5 +100, 1 unit to win 1 unit


Until the Georgetown kids realize that rebounding is part of the game, I'm not going to have any problem fading them. 75% of wagerline on the Hoyas.

Wisconsin-Green Bay +9 -110 (WSEX), 1.1 units to win 1 unit

Before the start of the season, I thought Green Bay looked much better than Butler, so kudos to the Bulldogs for putting together such a great season so far. There's some good coaching going on down there. Still, I don't think the difference between these teams is as large as the line would suggest (Pomeroy says 8, by the way). My only concern is that Wis-GB forward Chop Tang (8.7 ppg) has left the team, but that's mostly a concern because it means I won't have many future opportunities to say the name Chop Tang which is one of the best around.

Tennis

M. Cilic -152 over D. Ferrer, 0.76 units to win 0.50 units

This might look a little bit odd after my comments a couple of days ago about how good Ferrer is. Well, he cashed for us then, and he is a great player who doesn't get a lot of credit for his non-clay game. BUT, this Cilic guy is awesome on this surface, winning the Chennai Open in India a couple of weeks ago and the Pilot Pen last August. At just 20 years old, Cilic doesn't have the history that Ferrer does, but there aren't many players who can compete with him on the hardcourt.

I think the rest of the men's tennis matches don't get started until 3:30 AM Eastern (based on my probably horrible calculation of the time zones), so no rush on the rest - if there are any more, I'll have them up in an hour or so. Thought about the Magic in the NBA, but came to my senses and talked myself out of it. Back in a little while. Alright, alright, alright....

No comments: