Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Shaking Out the Sillies

The only two sports that were profitable last night, let's knock out the goofy sports first:

NHL

Los Angeles +146, 0.50 units to win 0.73 units

Over 70% on the Avs tonight, but line has taken a small step back. Kings better on power plays and penalty kills, so if they're not worn out from back-to-back road games, they've got a good chance tonight.

Tennis

M. Ancic -148 over I. Karlovic, 0.74 units to win 0.50 units


Watched this line rise about 50 points before jumping on board, so I'm a dumbass (not really a news flash). Ancic is a better all-around player than the giant Karlovic. If "Dr. Ivo" smashes 50 aces, he could pull this one out, but I think the better player prevails.

D. Sela -120 (WSEX) over V. Hanescu, 0.60 units to win 0.50 units

This line has only gone up about 30 points since I first saw it, so didn't lose quite as much value here, but wanted to see if the line went along with my thoughts. Sela finished the hardcourt season strongly this Fall, reaching the Finals at the China Open in September and beating Hanescu on a hardcourt in the Kremlin Cup in October. Better hardcourt player, line moved with him, works for me.

Back later with hoops, once I narrow my leans down to something reasonable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tennis picks! Keep up the good work

- Lou

Unknown said...

Thanks, Lou. Lost a couple early picks (one when Nieminen was injured), but it's been OK since then. Gonna watch what the lines do, but leaning Fish for tonight.