Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday's First Batch

College hoops picks for this afternoon:

Northeastern +4 -106, 1.06 units to win 1 unit

65% on Old Dominion, line holding steady. Pomeroy has this as a 1-point game, and if this line doesn't drop between now and tip-off, we'll refund all the money you paid for these picks today.

The Citadel +6 -107, 1.07 units to win 1 unit

I feel like I've been over-rating this team all season, but just looked and they're 8-3 against the spread so maybe not. I like Charleston, but a 15-3 team only giving 5-6 points against a lightly regarded 9-10 team is a little too fishy to pass. Pomeroy agrees with this one, too, so it's getting scary around here.

Oklahoma State +4 -108, 1.08 units to win 1 unit

Line already down to 3.5 at some places and I think it will go lower before game time at 4 PM Eastern, which is why I'm gonna go ahead and get this one in now. Better team getting points here, as I think OK State's offensive advantages outweigh Nebraska's defensive edge (they also play lower-scoring games [slower pace?], which makes the defensive stats look better than maybe they are). No public consensus here, so feel free to write this one off as square and ignore.

Back later. Hopefully, more games will jump out at me in the later groups of games.

2 comments:

am19psu said...

Nebraska does have a slow tempo (259th in the country), but also the 29th best defensive efficiency, so it's a combination of both.

Anonymous said...

I played Ok St right at tipoff and I got +2....Thanks for the winnerknorsi