Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sorry About the Quickie Earlier


If I had a nickel for every time I've had to say that to a woman.....but anyway, another set of picks, this time without the panic (why the hell were the Southern Conference games starting at 6 PM tonight?):

College Basketball

St. Louis +15 -105, 1.05 units to win 1 unit


Line opened at +15, and with 65% of wagerline on Xavier, the line is still +15, which is nice. That's not an enormous consensus, but close enough for this one.

San Jose State +3 -107, 1.07 units to win 1 unit

Another team I thought would be better than expected this season when I looked at them a couple of months ago, so happy to back them here where the consensus on their opponent is huge (biggest on the board tonight).

NBA

Knicks +7.5 +104, 1 unit to win 1.04 units

As usual, we don't want to over-think the NBA picks, just going with the line movement here.

College Football

Oklahoma moneyline +181, 1 unit to win 1.81 units

I don't know that we can add much to all the discussion already taking place about this game. We went back and forth with each other all day about whether to take the points or not, but at the end of the day, it's the last game of the year, and we're doing it like this. If that's stupid, then bash away. We don't have feelings anyway so we won't be hurt.

Looking at a couple of late basketball games (e.g. Long Beach State), so maybe back later if I have time to look at it again this evening. Good luck everybody.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an absolutely fantastic photo. Go Sooners.

Unknown said...

I uploaded that picture from the camera I have hidden in my bedroom. Go Sooners.