Monday, January 5, 2009

Really Long Day Today.....

I'm not sure what time I'm gonna get out of the office today, so rather than just slap up a post full of 7 PM games picks at 6:55, I thought I would post some leans now, and then do the official picks once I get home and have my notes in front of me. The picks under consideration for the first wave of college basketball games tonight (roughly 7 PM or so):

William & Mary
Notre Dame
Kent State

Other thoughts:

- Considered Georgia State at 5 PM eastern, but the line moved again up to George Mason -13 (started at -12, then moved to -12.5 this morning). I don't think George Mason is that much better, and is probably living off the hype from their Cindarella Final Four run a few years ago, but moving a full point already in the wrong direction probably makes it a pass for us.

- James Madison, by my estimation, is MUCH better than Drexel, but it also makes me nervous to see 63% of wagerline on James Madison. Of course, the line opened at -3.5 and has moved to -4 or -4.5 at most places, so it doesn't seem so crazy. Still thinking that one over.

- I thought Miami (FL) would be getting more love than 54%. I don't think they're that much better (21-22 points) than Florida Atlantic, but its MIAMI (the U!) versus the lowly Florida Atlantic Owls. Also, FAU has one of their best players questionable tonight (Xavier Perkins? Something like that) which gives me pause. Because of the lack of Miami support, and the injury question (actually, I think it was for "personal reasons" rather than injury), that's probably a pass.

- Actually considering a couple of favorites for later tonight, SMU and San Jose State, unless somebody out there can talk me off the ledge.

OK, back to work. When I was driving to get lunch earlier, they were talking about the Boston College coach situation (ESPN is reporting that Jagodinski has been told he would be fired if he interviewed with the Jets) on the radio. At the end of the story, the reporter said that Boston College issued a statement saying they would have no comment on the story. What was the point of that? They issued a statement stating that there would be no statement. Did I stumble into some weird Monty Python sketch or something? Back later with the actual picks once I get out of this hell-hole.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's just the incompetence of the BC athletic program on display for the world to see.