Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Getting One In Early

Getting this college basketball pick in now before the line falls any further:

Penn State +2 +108, 1 unit to win 1.08 units

I was probably going to play this one anyway, based on the betting and line movement, but a comment at The Money Line Journal prompted me to look around the internet a little and came up with this info from GoldandBlack.com:

Purdue may play its Big Ten road opener at Penn State Tuesday night without two of its most important players.

Coach Matt Painter said Monday that neither sophomore Robbie Hummel nor junior Chris Kramer have practiced since last week's overtime loss to Illinois.

Hummel has been plagued by a long-standing back problem that's progressively worsened; Kramer has a troublesome sprained foot.

"I always go into (games thinking that) if guys don't practice, they're not going to play unless they've told me otherwise," Painter said. "Neither of those guys have practiced.

"We'll practice tonight at Penn State. We'll see if they can do some things. But I would highly doubt it."

Like I said, even if they were definitely playing tonight, I likely would have played this one, but with this info, I'm definitely on board. I was surprised that this information is not even mentioned in the injury section of Covers' matchup for this game. It doesn't appear to be a secret or anything. Back later with the rest.

No comments: