Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday Night Buckets

OK, in addition to the Penn State pick that was posted earlier, here are the rest:

NBA

Bobcats +9 +105, 1 unit to win 1.05 units

Thunder +2 -102, 1.02 units to win 1 unit

We only support championship contenders on this site, obviously. Betting and line movement (or lack thereof). Avert your eyes, these look ugly.

College Basketball

Northern Iowa +12.5 +106, 1 unit to win 1.06 units


It feels like I've been under-rating Creighton all year, so buyer beware on this one. Also, Grover and I have a fond Vegas memory involving Northern Iowa, so maybe I'm subconsciously biased toward them. I don't think I am, but that's pretty much what "subconscious" means.

Seton Hall +7 -112, 1.12 units to win 1 unit

Public likes Nova, line has either held firm or retreated half a point.

Arkansas +4.5 +104, 1 unit to win 1.04 units

The #7 team in the country only giving 4-5 points vs. an unranked team, and it's on ESPN2. Sweet. Like the Seton Hall game, the line isn't going with the betting percentages.

Siena +12 +105, 1 unit to win 1.05 units

Public big on Kansas (surprise!), but not too much movement in the lines. Just as I may have been under-rating Creighton, I think I've been over-rating Siena because I had high hopes for them this year (I don't mean that in a fan sort of way, just that I thought they would be more impressive this year than they have been when I looked at their personnel in the offseason). I've heard more about Ken Pomeroy today than ever before, and his model is predicting Kansas by 13, so at least I'll only miss the cover by 1 point if he's got this one pegged.

Moving on to tomorrow. First, I've got to figure out what the hell I'm going to do about this fantasy golf thing that Grover has gotten me into. It didn't sound as hard when I first heard about it (that's what she said!). Good luck everybody.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A couple of hours ago, I was a little upset when I realized that I forgot to play TCU. After 7-0 tonight, I think I'm just going to let it go......