Saturday, January 24, 2009

Worst Loss Ever?

The end of that Houston game was unbelievable. Not only did they let Arizona storm back to tie and send the game to overtime, but the end of overtime was the worst kick in the crotch I can remember. I've always thought that if the game is tied at the end of regulation, the underdog bettors should get paid or at least get their money back, but I know that isn't the rule.

Down by 4 points with 7 seconds left, Houston rushes up the court. With 2 seconds left, Arizona (Jordan Hill, I think) gets called for a bonehead foul (you're up 4 with 2 seconds left, moron). Fine with me, he only needs to make one to seal the deal. Well, of course, the Houston kid misses BOTH shots. THEN, with 2 seconds left and DOWN FOUR POINTS, Houston fouls on the inbounds pass (really, you're going to get the ball twice in 2 seconds and score twice? really?) and the Arizona kid sinks both free throws to end the game.

Arizona wins by 6 points. We had Houston +5.5. Screw me. No more picks tonight after that colonoscopy. I'm done. Shit.

3 comments:

Sham said...

Houston had a 92% free throw shooter miss both, then with 00.2 they foul Hill who of course makes both. That was only the end of the game that's not counting the last minute of regulation and OT, which I don't even want to begin to describe.

By far the worst loss of the year, all sports included.

Unknown said...

Oh my God, I just saw the highlights of the end of regulation on ESPN. Up 9 with 40 seconds left and lost. I feel queasy.

Jonny said...

I'm still sick to my stomach.