Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fading Fast

Only a small amount of energy left, and once I cave in and take the night-time medicine I'll be down for the count. So, just a couple more and then calling it a night.

College Basketball

Tennessee Tech +7 -106, 1.06 units to win 1 unit


The usual here: public heavy on Austin Peay, but depending on your book, the line has either held steady or dropped. Tennessee Tech has a definite size advantage in this game (A. Peay's starting forwards are 6-7, 6-5, and 6-5), and should be able to stay close.

San Diego +3.5 -108, 1.08 units to win 1 unit

Ditto on betting and line movement. Brandon Johnson's injury is a real heartbreaker for San Diego, but his absence is surely baked into this line already. Even without Johnson, the Toreros have enough talent to beat the Gaels at home tonight. And how about those mascot names? Nice.

Tennis

M. Fish +150 over M. Baghdatis, 0.50 units to win 0.75 units

That makes two picks tonight where I'm going against somebody who made me money in the last round. Very close matchup so I'm happy to get this underdog number either way, but the line movement signals Fish as well. I haven't heard about any injuries, but Baghdatis is often playing with something nagging him or suffers an injury during a match (he's the T-Mac of tennis!), so a tiny bit of extra value for any of his opponents. I don't think this game starts until about 5 AM Eastern Friday morning, but you're on your own to figure that out. Line is +130 or +140 at most other books, so thanks again Matchbook.

That's it. Can't argue with Jacksonville State or Washington State in hoops, but I'm keeping it light tonight. Thought about playing the underdog Wawrinka in tennis tonight as well, because that matchup looks awfully close, but the line movement makes me think I might be wrong on that one. Good luck everybody.

No comments: