Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'm Probably Gonna Regret This...

In the Australian Open, adding:

J. Blake +172 over J. Tsonga, 0.5 units to win 0.86 units

Like I said before, I'm usually looking for spots to fade Blake because he is often overrated (because he's well-known and American) and has a tendency to melt down when much is expected of him. Here, the hotter name on the circuit is Tsonga, but he has been far from dominant so far and had to retire from the Medibank Open the week before the Australian started, so I think he's getting a little too much credit tonight. No pressure on Blake for a change, so maybe he'll surprise everybody with a great performance on his favorite surface.

I like the Simon pick better for tonight, but if we can get one out of the two, we can live with that. Good night everybody.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just posted some info i would like to get all of your guy's opinions on...

wesgd62 said...

Tennis has been brutal so far this year. I can't remember the last time this many high seeds made it this far into the tournament. I like Verdasco against Tsonga in the next round. Any thoughts on that match?

Unknown said...

Ilike#s - My partner posted on your site. I think he wants to look at your spreadsheet. That sounds dirty.

Poop Bandit - Yes, the tennis has not been easy, but after gaining the half-unit yesterday (+1 on Simon, -0.5 on Blake), I think we're just down 1 unit so far. I really thought about risking more on Simon, but because of the possiblity of an injury, I controlled myself. Haven't looked at the next round yet, but I'll take a look at Verdasco. Thanks.